KPC Bus Stop Kerbs
KPC have been manufacturing bus stop kerbs for years to the world’s most commonly used profile and offer very competitively priced concrete bus stop kerbs, presenting the best option for the public and bus companies alike.
These bus stop kerbs and matched transition kerbs provide seamless integration with existing pathways with a tried and tested profile. We at KPC are sure you will not find a more cost effective bus stop kerb.
KPC’s Bus Stop Kerbs comply with EN 1340:2003
Correct alignment of the bus with the bus stop is essential for easy access. Older buses had a higher floor level and this meant that the height of the entry platform to the bus made it necessary to have raised kerbs, which created the potential for injuries from falls. The combination of Modern buses and kerb systems such as KPC’s bus stop kerbs have eliminated this safety issue.
- Complies with Standard EN 1340:2003
- Manufactured to the world’s most commonly used profile
- Height fixed to suit kneeling suspension of modern buses
- Curved profile to enable accurate bus positioning at the stop
- Curved profile reduces lateral impact between wheel and kerb, increasing the life span of bus wheels and shocks
- Creates safer access for wheelchair users
- Textured top face aids bus entry for the visually impaired
- Reduction of the vertical and horizontal gap between the bus platform and the kerb prevents accidents occurring as passengers get on and off buses
- Straightforward installation with single unit kerb
The top surface of KPC’s bus stop kerbs feature a textured surface which creates a space where the visually impaired can identify the kerb and safely board the bus. The establishment by the European Commission of the Disability Act means that all buses must be safe for everybody to get on and off, regardless of their disability. KPC’s Bus Stop Kerbs meet this essential requirement by providing a safe platform from which all passengers can safely board and disembark modern buses safely and easily.
In addition to concrete our bus stop kerbs are available in reconstituted granite Buff or White colouring.
|K 136-1||BUS STOP KERB LOW||297 X 462 X 1000MM||280Kg||4|
|K 136-2||BUS STOP KERB LOW TRANSITION||297 X 462 X 1000MM||254Kg||4|
|K163||BUS STOP KERB HIGH||317 X 462 X 1000MM||352Kg||4|
|K 164||BUS STOP KERB HIGH TRANSITION||317 X 462 X 1000MM||319Kg||4|
You may also be interested in these products
Consult our engineers, we are always happy to answer any questions. Contact the team by phone on 0800 0393367, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form below.